ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: what does this mean.. compilation failure of ant from cvs.
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:12:57 GMT

 CC> one more thing what is "classic compiler"

The classic compiler is the javac of JDK 1.1 and 1.2. You need to have
classes.zip (JDK 1.1) or tools.jar (JDK 1.2+) in your CLASSPATH for
Ant to find it - and you need a JDK, not a JRE of course.

Ant is usually smart enough to include the required archive - if
you've set JAVA_HOME.

BTW, I've sucessfully bootstrapped Ant with each of the three JDKs you
cite (JDK 1.1 is Blackdown's of course) and the release candidate
build as well as the 1.1 release build have been put together on my
Linux box using IBM's JDK 1.3. It works, believe me 8-).

Stefan