ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Apparent bug on ANT
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:02:48 GMT

 NS> Windows the behaviour to split arguments if they contain = or ,
 NS> if you call a batch-file.

Just to make sure I understand this (I'm not a Windows user
myself). An argument passed to a batch file and containing a =
character will be split into two arguments by Windows (and neither of
both contains the = character).

Well, this is the answer to the comment in Main.java

                /* Interestingly enough, we get to here when a user
                 * uses -Dname=value. However, in some cases, the JDK
                 * goes ahead * and parses this out to args
                 *   {"-Dname", "value"}
                 * so instead of parsing on "=", we just make the "-D"
                 * characters go away and skip one argument forward.
                 *
                 * I don't know how to predict when the JDK is going
                 * to help or not, so we simply look for the equals sign.
                 */

It's not the JDK, it's Windows doing this, right?

Then, I'm afraid, there is nothing we can do but keep the behavior as
it is Jose Alberto (and probably document it).

Stefan