ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Submission: refid, CompositeType, NestedDataType
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:07:38 GMT

 VB> The more we delay that part, the larger the number of tasks,
 VB> optional tasks, and custom tasks that need to be modified will
 VB> grow.

I'm not too concerned about that - custom 1.1 tasks using Path will be
broken by Ant 1.2 because it has been moved into the new types package
for example.

We could always keep it backwards compatible for one release by
keeping the methods and constructors with Project arguments - and I
wouldn't want to drop them anyway because you sometimes want to
specify a project other than the current one (the <ant> task for
example).

Stefan