ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Submission: refid, CompositeType, NestedDataType
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 07:44:16 GMT

 >> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]

 VB> - The class PathElement is gone,
 >>  I'd rather remove the path and location attributes from path to
 >> force people to use pathelement.
 >>

 JAF> This would be REALLY BAD. Path was added to Path so that we
 JAF> could have one basic path and then construct another that
 JAF> prefixes or suffixes to it.

I think you've misunderstood what I wanted to say. I'd prefer to
remove the path _attribute_ not the nested element. Right now you can
say <path path="some:path" /> which is the same as

<path>
  <pathelement path="some:path" />
</path>

This has been intended as a shortcut for situations where the full
CLASSPATH you need already exists in a single property. But then you
could use the classpath attribute of the corresponding task or the
path attribute of arg or ... for this as well.

I think we should reduce path to have id and refid attributes as well
as pathelement, path and fileset nested elements.

Stefan