ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Submission: refid, CompositeType, NestedDataType
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:04:29 GMT

 >> I wouldn't want to drop them anyway because you sometimes want to
 >> specify a project other than the current one (the <ant> task for
 >> example).
 >>
 >> Stefan

 VB> My submission did not modify the interface to Task, only to
 VB> DataType.

But there may be a situation where you want to hand DataType a
different project than the current one - if we made subproject inherit
references from the parent project for example.

 VB> I also understand that while my patch would have been easy to
 VB> apply a week ago, it is getting increasingly difficult as new
 VB> code is added to the baseline

This shouldn't happen too much anymore. The main reason why I asked
you to wait until 1.2 has been released is that we want to have the
release really soon (read in the next two weeks) and need to spend
some time in "bugfix and documentation only" mode before that.

Stefan