ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: +F flag for jikes
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:53:15 GMT

 DH> How come the if for the +F flag is nested in the if for the
 DH> -depend flag?

Because it has been submitted that way 8-).

 DH> Note that: jikes -depend +F ...  has the same effect as jikes
 DH> -depend ...

Yes, you are right. What would be the "correct" solution?

just a little table,

Value of depend attribute -->    true           false
build.compiler.fulldepend

      true                        (1)             (2)
      false                      -depend         nothing

(1) what do we want to take precedence? +F or -depend?

(2) Do we always want to add +F in all <javac> tasks if the property
has been set?

I'd go for (1) == -depend and (2) == +F, but I don't use -depend nor
+F at all.

Stefan