ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Some Thoughts on Ant 1.3 and 2.0
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:21:21 GMT

 VB> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@bost.de>

 >> (*) expanding ${} (almost) everywhere

 VB> Let's just leave the <![CDATA[ sections out, and scripts will be
 VB> happy.

But we already expand ${} in <echo>, so this is something I'd like to
see generalized.

 VB> I would like to add a little thing for either 1.3 or 2.0 related
 VB> to scripting,

 VB> - Define a simple core API that will be well documented for any
 VB> script tasks within Ant.

Yes, I guess "well documented" is kind of the biggest problem here 8-).

 VB> - Allow scripts to define tasks.

I think Nico has already submitted something that might help here,
need to take another look at it. I'm not against a feature like this.

Stefan