ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: what does this mean.. compilation failure of ant from cvs.
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:16:58 GMT

 CC> oh.. so I c the bootstrap.sh is missing this line

I've added it - just for completeness. As the source directory is in
Ant's CLASSPATH during the bootstrap process it should find the
property file there as well.

 CC> and when running the bootstrap.sh the classpath is not set

 CC> e.g.  <ant_dir>/classes

it is, as far as I can tell.

 CC> and the xerces-j classes

Ant expects the JAXP parser (either Sun's reference or xerces-j) in
$ANT_HOME/lib or the user CLASSPATH. Both versions work.

 CC> here is the error when trying to run it howeve the /bin/sh is
 CC> link to bash

 CC> [prompt]# ./bootstrap.sh bash:
 CC> ./bootstrap.sh: No such file or directory

If you are checking out from current CVS this file is executable, just
fixed the target that builds the src distribution to ensure it is as
well.

 CC> [prompt]# sh -x bootstrap.sh

No problems with this here.

Stefan