ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: List of built-ins (Re: Some Thoughts on Ant 1.3 and 2.0)
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:50:41 GMT

 DH> --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:
 >> I think I've added all of them to the current docs (there's a
 >> section "Built In Properties" in writing a simple build file). Did
 >> I miss some?

 DH> Well, you show 3, and I show 48, so I'd have to say "yes". :)

You aren't counting the JVMs built in system properties, are
you. These vary between implementations and I don't want to even start
listing them. At a first glance, the three I've listed are all
properties Ant defines.

 DH> Also, how come the project name isn't captured in a property
 DH> anywhere?  What's the name actually used for?

Nothing except scripts AFAIK.

 DH> And the biggest "also" -- the doc says all the attributes are
 DH> required for <project>, but there's nothing at run-time to
 DH> suggest that's true

And it is not true. Don't know what to do about this though, I'd like
to enforce the default attribute, but basedir and name could
officially be made optional IMHO.

Stefan