ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: proposed patch for ant to use xerces/jaxp
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 07:16:35 GMT

 GL> At the same time maybe lib/jaxp.jar and lib/xerces.jar could be
 GL> checked into CVS to make bootstrap.sh standalone.

I thought xerces doesn't even need jaxp.jar ...

Hmm, anyway. We want to give the user the choice which parser to use -
and ship our release builds with Sun's reference implementation
because it is much smaller - so I wouldn't recommend applying your
patch.

If you are building Ant from CVS you should have read the "How to
build" section and installed whichever parser you prefer anyway.

Stefan