ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Setting Jikes-Compiler flags thru nested jikes-element?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 08:32:25 GMT
As much as I'd like to have a more explicit way to specify
build.compiler.emacs, the current way to do it has a huge advantage
over what you propose:

I have a ~/.antrc consisting of

ANT_OPTS='-Dbuild.compiler=jikes -Dbuild.compiler.emacs=yes'

and this will make all <javac>s use jikes and set the emacs option.

If we switched to the nested elements, I had to change every <javac>
task to include my favorite settings (which might be different from
what others want).

What we need is more general concept for the user to specify global
behavior, CSS like style sheets - ~/.ant.xml containing <taskconfig>
elements, something like that - let's add "finding a real good
solution for this problem" to the list for Ant 2.0.

Stefan