ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Copy.java Move.java Copydir.java Copyfile.java defaults.properties Delete.java Deltree.java Rename.java
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 08:58:02 GMT

 NS> I tried to put these [<fileset>] at the top-level and use them by
 NS> id, but since they seem to be resolved at parse time they break
 NS> my buildfile.

If you'd use <fileset id="myid" dir="${myprop}" /> do you expect the
id myid refer to different filesets depending on the value of myprop?
To me these would be two different filesets, not reusing the same
fileset twice. If you want to use different directories, you'd better
use <patternset> and reuse it by id IMHO.

Currently References are not inherited by child projects so you
couldn't use them in <antcall> targets anyway, but this would be easy
to change.

Stefan