ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Release Plan Ant 1.2
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 13:42:44 GMT
Hi,

I think we have all major things in place for Ant 1.2 - I'd rather not
include anything with regard to extension tasks than something that
might be obsolete soon after the release.

Instead of telling people "wait for Ant 1.2" I'd really love to tell
them to upgrade 8^), so what about the following:

(1) Call a feature freeze (I'd say call it right now, but maybe
somebody is holding back a feature that really, really should be
included).

(2) Make the release. I'd love to see this happen before ApacheCon (so
I don't get asked about the release date too often 8^) - what about
October, 16th (morning, central european summer time)?

Is there something missing, that we should include?  I'd consider
making jikes work even on long command lines a bug fix, not an added
feature.

Should we announce the feature freeze (and label the nightly builds
beta) so we might get bug reports from a broader community?

Stefan