ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: reassigning perperty values?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:49:10 GMT

 CM> We almost have a mechanism in place for saying which properties
 CM> we want to pass to a subbuild (namely nested <property>
 CM> elements). Perhaps only those properties should be passed to the
 CM> subbuild.

This is along the lines of what Jose Alberto described (I think). And
my only problem with it is, that it is going to break builds - but if
we all agree that this is the correct way to view it ...

Let's see where the discussion leads us, maybe vote on it to make sure
no "old" committers have problems with this, write it into a spec
document for Ant 2.0 and implement it there.

Basically this is the process I'd prefer for everything that might
break older buildfiles so that we are sure, we are basing Ant 2.0 on a
wide consensus that is documented. And provide a rationale for newbies
at the same time.

 CM> What if I want to call two subbuilds and pass some properties to
 CM> one and not the other.

Good point.

Stefan