ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Brooks <wbro...@lug.ee.calpoly.edu>
Subject Re: New doc format and organization
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:21:31 GMT
On 17 Oct 2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> [...] This is almost calling for docbook or stylebook - and I
> wouldn't mind going into that direction. [...rest of message
> elided..]

Sorry for the cross-post, but Stefan touched on an exposed nerve ending.

Stylebook doesn't seem to actually exist for those outside the Apache
inner circle. There's no section on xml.apache.org for it, a search for
"stylebook" typed into search.apache.org returns "There were no items that
matched your search request".

There's an article on how to write articles with it on
http://www.cscene.org/topics/web/snibril-stylebook-intro.xml.html#N1676039373
, but that article doesn't lower itself to actually providing a URL
where I can locate a DTD and download a set of XSL stylesheets. And I
had to find that article by using google! I loved the acknowledgement
at the end of the article:

     Part of the material presented here is based on the Stylebook
     documentation, Copyright  1999-2000 by Apache Software Foundation.

Where can mere mortals find this elusive documentation? Can someone
point me to a URL or perhaps a CVS repository/CVS module name
combination? Thanks in advance.

Bill