ant-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject Re: ClearCase integration?
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 22:01:16 GMT
On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Ken Wood wrote:

> I've just used the 'exec' task - didn't see
> any real reason/benefit to trying to develop
> a task for something that could be trivially
> done with exec....

We also do the same with <exec>.

One thing to remember is that once you checkout your file its bound to
be newer than anything you want to compare timestamps for.

For example we want to version control our *.jar files once built.  So
we build the .jar file in a temp dir, checkout the version controlled
jar file and try to use the <copyfile> task.

However <copyfile> checks the timestamp to see if the copy is necessary.
In our case this check is not correct and there is no force attribute
to <copyfile> like there is for <copydir>.

I have not got around to updating <copyfile> and instead use <delete>
to delete the checked-out version of the file so <copyfile> works.

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---