ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Watkins" <robert.watk...@mincom.com>
Subject Calling built-in tasks from custom tasks
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:36:19 GMT
Does anyone have an example of calling one task from inside another custom
task?

FWIW: We have a <java> task that takes, as an argument to the java program,
a colon-separated list of elements (similar to, but not quite, a classpath).

What I want to do is be able to write a wrapper task that allows us to use
nested tags, like the classpath, to provide this argument. It's a lot easier
to read a dozen or so lines of 40 chars each, than one line of 480 chars. I
would like to call the java task within my custom task, as I have a need for
a separate classpath. However, just instantiating the class doesn't seem to
do the job...

So... does anyone have a sample?

Robert.

--
  /\\\  Robert Watkins               |    Email: robert.watkins@mincom.com
 (  ))) Software Engineer - Tech Dev |       Ph: +61 7 3303 3432

delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by Mincom Limited unless
expressly stated otherwise.