ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Glenn McAllister" <gle...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject New doc format and organization
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:19:57 GMT

Hello all.

I've been working over the docs a bit to reorganize them.  The current
format of one bit index.html file is getting too unwieldy.  The next
logical step is to use framesets with some sort of navigation pane.
Unfortunately, I don't have time to build one that will work across
multiple browsers before our ship date.  So, I've gone for a more LDP
format that has a primary table of contents, with navigation links from one
page to the next.

Now, I don't like this format as it introduces some maintenance headaches.
However, in the end it is probably easier to read (better for the user),
and it also gets us ready for when task docs get dynamically contributed.

Rather than simply commit all the changes into CVS, I'd like some feedback
from everyone.  Attached is a zip with the new docs.  They aren't complete,
so a number of links will be missing or broken (which will be fixed of
course... :-).

Also, how do people feel about CSS?  The basics seem to be fairly well
supported across browsers, but does anyone on the more esoteric platforms
know of any major issues?

Thanks.

(See attached file: ant_docs.zip)

Glenn McAllister