ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject RE: Some Thoughts on Ant 1.3 and 2.0
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 00:02:08 GMT
Forgot one of my favourites. I have in the past proposed supporting the
multithreading of tasks within a target by the addition of a boolean async
attribute. I think this is a valuable feature for running test harnesses on
servers, without the need to start multiple ants. I have used this with
JUnit tests on a Weblogic EJB server.

Thomas Christen has asked about having parallel targets within a project. I
don't really support that as I think it is significantly more complex than
multithreading tasks within a target. Nevertheless I think we should examine
both ideas as part of this process to see if either of them has merit in a
future ant.

Conor MacNeill
Cortex eBusiness

View raw message