ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: can set propery only once
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:03:29 GMT
Ingo,

It is a feature which has caused much debate on this list and I think we are
moving to address it somehow. It comes about from the need to override
properties set in a build file from the command line. If the properties are
set in the build file and can be changed, it is difficult to override them
at the command line, or from another ant project. Thus either properties are
immutable, allowing the command line to have precedence or properties have a
precedence associated with them so that only properties cannot be set with a
lower precedence value.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill