ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: getting rid of lcp.bat? cmd batch file fun...
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:14:39 GMT
Dan,

You probably need to use %%i instead of %1. Pretty sure I had this working
at one stage (before I tried it on Win9x).

> But of course, someone else would have thought of that, and I see
> that it doesn't work. Incidentally, if anyone knows WHY ON EARTH
> that is, feel free to let me know... I see the behavior, but can't
> figure out what is going on.
>
> Anyway, after poking at that, I figured out that the following does work:
> for %%i in (.\lib\*.jar) do call :setpath %%i
> And further down in your batch file, you need a label with this code:
> :setpath
> set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%1
> YMMV,

Indeed, none of this will work on Win 9X which is the whole reason that
lcp.bat is used. If you can find a clean solution for all Windows platforms
we would be really keen to see it. For now , it is a lowest common
denominator approach (and with Win9x, that is pretty low :-)

Conor