ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McCune <>
Subject RE: Ant GUI Requirements
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:52:29 GMT

I mentioned this once a while back, but I thought I would bring it up
again.  An Ant GUI would probably be a lot simpler to implement as a
Merlot plugin (  Basically, that way,
you've already got the tree building/management done for you.  I've
been wanting to do this, but just haven't had the time.  If anyone is
interested in working on this, I would be glad to help out and/or
answer Merlot questions.

- --Tim

- -----Original Message-----
From: Simeon Fitch []
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 1:48 PM
To: Ant Developers
Subject: Ant GUI Requirements

I have thrown together the following HTML file
containing a *very* rough set of capabilities for the
Ant GUI.

I hesitate to call it a requirements document, as it
is certainly not written in a formal manner, nor do I
intend it to be fixed. I just wanted to start
recording people's wishes for it so that there could
be a basis for launching work on it.

So I appreciate any feedback, etc. If the group likes
it, would someone be willing to check it into the spec

Simeon Fitch

PS: anyone open to the name "antidote" over "anthill"?

Do You Yahoo!?

Version: PGPfreeware 6.5.3 for non-commercial use <>

View raw message