ant-dev mailing list archives

From Manomohan K Kalathil <manomoha...@mindtree.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Release Plan Ant 1.2
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 14:41:23 GMT

Mano

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 2:05 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Release Plan Ant 1.2

+1 .

I think we do need to

-focus on the documentation. Verify all examples work, links, consistency,
etc.
  a) Has anyone made progress on any 'intro to ant' documents they want to
add in?
  b) Or how about a 'how to use ant in a production environment' doco?
  c) what about breaking up index.html into a start page, with separate
sections split off from it?

 -put together a basic press release (recall I drafted one for 1.1), perhaps
in conjunction with whoever is the official apache press office

-have some more simple example build.xml files to act as starting points.

Steve

(I won't be ApacheCon, but I believe I must have been visiting people in the
same building as Sam Ruby last week, given his apparent participation in the
ECMA C# meetings)