ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Meade" <eme...@geekfarm.org>
Subject Refactoring fork functionality into common (super) class
Date Sat, 21 Oct 2000 01:54:19 GMT
I've been working on an ANTLR taskdef ( I should be in the position to
submit it soon ).  I had to implement forking in order to get some tree
stuff to work correctly, I took all of the code from the Java task.  So
I took a quick look around and I'm thinking it may be possible to refactor
the fork behavior into a superclass ( which would extend Task, I like the
name ForkingTask, but YMMV ) and have a bunch of the tasks which use
forking extend that.

I may have a bit of time I could spend on this, but I would rather not
put in the time, before I heard what people thought of it.  So...
thoughts?

--
Erik Meade             emeade@objectmentor.com
Senior Consultant      Object Mentor, Inc.