ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Felciano, Ramon" <felci...@ingenuity.com>
Subject Coordination of multiple distributed Ant builds?
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 01:53:25 GMT

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but we are increasingly using Ant to
handle a fairly complex, multi-step build process that needs to be
coordinated across a bunch of build machines. These machines all write /
build to some sort of shared space (NFS-mounted drives, shared SQL server,
whatever). We've written a home grown distributed job launch tool based on
JMS, which will meet our needs for the immediate future. However, we're
trying to figure out what to do in the long term, assuming a continued need
for this process. I know there are alot of Distributed Batch Job Management
packages available commercially in various price ranges, but I'm wondering
whether you folks know of any free or open source efforts to do the same.

Any suggestions of where to look?

Ramon

P.S. If you aren't familiar with these job management suites, take a look at
ActiveBatch (http://www.advsyscon.com/) or Opalis (http://www.opalis.com/)

Ramon M. Felciano
INGENUITY Systems, Inc.