ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Combs, Clint" <clint.co...@contrado.com>
Subject RE: Home for ANT GUI (was: Ant GUI Requirements)
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:50:07 GMT
A high priority for me would be integration with my editor.  I'm using jedit
2.6.  I'd like to make the GUI a dockable plug-in to jedit.  It could be run
as a plug-in or in a standalone mode.

While integration with an editor may not be in the early builds it should be
considered in the early design.

-Clint

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@ebinteractive.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 9:46 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org; simeon@fitch.net
Subject: RE: Home for ANT GUI (was: Ant GUI Requirements)

Simeon,

My priority for a GUI would be to repeatedly run builds. I envisage
something simple like
1. A button to rerun a build (perhaps to select targets)
2. The GUI to be a build listener
3. Ability to filter logged messages and to display in colours coded to log
levels
4. A clear indication of build failure

As far as I am concerned, editing, etc can come later.

As for a location

I would suggest

org.apache.tools.ant.gui

in a separate source tree (so we would add a gui directory at the same level
as main).

Thoughts?

Conor

--