ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Combs, Clint" <clint.co...@contrado.com>
Subject RE: optional taskdefs missing
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 13:48:37 GMT
True, no one system can build ALL optional tasks.  My argument is that if an
optional task is documented in the release then it should be included in the
release.  Otherwise, it should be referenced as a stand-alone package.

Anyway, as you say this will be resolved in 2.0.  In the mean time I'd be
willing to build some optional tasks that the group would like to include in
the release.  I'll take a look and see what's missing that I can build.

It sounds like I may have missed some discussion on this in the past, so let
me know if I'm off-base here...

-Clint

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 9:37 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: optional taskdefs missing

 CC> Will all optional tasks be built for the binary release of 1.2?

I guess it depends on the help of the Ant user community.

For Ant 1.1 (which has been built by me) we've included an
optional.jar that contained all optional tasks - and I think this is
what we should do again - one last time, the extension mechanism
should take care of this in Ant 2.0.

The problem is that I cannot build all optional tasks myself, and I
doubt there is an environment that can. So I - or whoever puts
together the release - will need people that send in the class files
of tasks I - or ... - cannot compile myself (I'll ask for it).

Stefan