ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Parker, Daniel" <Daniel.Par...@schwab.com>
Subject RE: Problems with ant on WindowsNT
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2000 17:34:00 GMT
Yes, that is what was happening, thank you very much.

Perhaps the author of ant.bat might want to consider replacing java with
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java in the ant.bat file.

Regards,
Daniel Parker

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Murdoch [mailto:adammurdoch@yahoo.com]

What I suspect is happening here is a compounding problem caused by ant.bat
picking up java.exe from JDK 1.3 rather than from JDK 1.1.8.  The ant.bat
script just calls "java", rather than "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java", so if your
PATH variable points to JDK1.3 before JDK1.1.8, then ant is going to be
running in a 1.3 JVM, but using the 1.1.8 compiler.  I imagine this is not a
good thing.