ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Lecho <Stefan.Le...@iconmedialab.com>
Subject RE: Ant GUI
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:32:07 GMT
Just an idea and inspired by JRun.

Ant's build.xml file is XML. So why not use an XSL file and transform the
build file to HTML ? Your browser can then be used to configure Ant for used
projects.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 5:05 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ant GUI

 SF> A couple of days back someone posted a question asking for an
 SF> update on the so called "Anthill" GUI, and no one seemed to
 SF> reply. Can I assume from this that there is no ongoing effort
 SF> with respect to this tool, and that it is a task still needing
 SF> contributors?

I'm not sure. AntHill is a project separate from Ant, at least as of
now.

Your best bet is to go to <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/> and search
for AntHill in the bodys of articles sent to ant-dev. ISTR Frederic's
first post contained a screenshot and maybe even a link to more.

That being said, I'd love to see an Apache licensed GUI for Ant living
in Ant's CVS repository or a repository of its own at jakarta.

Stefan