ant-dev mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject Ant 1.2 <SignJar> uses Deprecated methods?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:12:34 GMT
I picked up Ant 1.2 yesterday, made a number of conversions to my build.xml
and am fairly pleased.  However, the <signjar> task is telling me the
following:

  [signjar] Signing Jar : D:\src\lib\resCenterApplets.jar
     [exec] The command attribute is deprecated. Please use the executable
attribute and nested arg elements.

The relevant line in my build file looks like this:

<signjar jar="${jardir}/resCenterApplets.jar" alias="foobar"
storepass="password" keystore="${builddir}/com/responsenetworks/cacerts" />

There is no exec task in my build file.  Looking at the code, I can see
where signjar is using what appears to be a deprecated call to exec.

Now, to my actual question.  Is this something I am doing, or is it just a
warning I need to ignor and it'll be fixed soon?  I could come up with a
patch to change the calls to exec.

K.C.