ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: Ant GUI
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:25:35 GMT
On 10/30/00 8:05 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:

> That being said, I'd love to see an Apache licensed GUI for Ant living
> in Ant's CVS repository or a repository of its own at jakarta.

Not separate.. A GUI should be part of the Ant source tree and part of the
Ant distribution. Like I've said before, it was always envisioned that the
"perfect" Ant would have a GUI for manipulating files. The command line
running of Ant would be for a) scheduled builds running from cron like jobs
and b) those who just dug the command line. But personally, I'd like to have
a window up with my tasks and such that has a button labeled "Build" that I
can punch. :)

.duncan

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com