ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: Role of scripts [was Re: increment task]
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 06:08:36 GMT
On 10/27/00 7:36 AM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@locus.apache.org> wrote:

> scripting is there already (script task) but what is being discussed is
> whether it should be promoted to core. I follow the 90/10 rule and if your
> figures are right then scripting falls in 10 side so probably shouldn't be
> core.

Right.. Ant -- or rather the build structure that the XML translates to (and
is a representation of) should be manipulatable by scripts -- and scripts
should plug in via tasks which have access to that structure.

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com
                                                                  !try; do()