ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Senthil" <Senthil.Ku...@wfg.com>
Subject un subscribe
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:04:16 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 6:47 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Does ant support third party compilers?

--- Matt Peterson <mpeterson@doradosoftware.com> wrote:
> I am evaluating as to whether to use ant as a build tool.  One of the
> prerequisties is to be able to use an in house java compiler. Is it
> possible?

Everything is possible -- probable is what you have to watch out for. :)

The built-in java-compiling task, <javac>, handles Sun's javac and the
indie-compiler jikes -- so you'd need to write some in-house stuff to deal
with your in-house compiler (either modify Javac.java, or do some of that
tricky "extends" stuff that I'm not all that up on just yet :)

Hope this helps,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)