ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: Javaworld Article about Ant
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:44:07 GMT
> From: beard@netscape.com [mailto:beard@netscape.com]
>
> At 12:45 PM -0700 10/23/00, Jose  Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> >The funny thing is the article subtitle is:
> >"Introducing the powerful XML-based scripting tool, Ant"
> >and we keep on fighting that ANT is not a scripting language...
>
> Oh, but to be honest, it really is, in XML clothing. Now, we just
> need a way to define tasks within ANT itself... With BSF, that should
> be quite doable.

Yes, I have some ideas on how to do this, but I have not had the time to
try them out. I think that is the main missing feature in the ANT <->
<script>
connection. How good is scripting if I cannot define new tasks with it.

BTW, can someone tell me how to do introspection on a piece of BSF script?
I would like to find out what functions are defined on a script.
And its parameter type information.

Is that possible? I know very little about BSF, so some detailed steps
would be wonderful. Let assume I just have the script as text.

Jose Alberto