ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: Submission: refid, CompositeType, NestedDataType
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:51:28 GMT
I agree with you that the reason for having <arg> as a datatype is not
clear, however some of your related comments here made me think I should say
something about it.

> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]
>
> I've seen that the proposed Argument class can hold nested arguments.
> Do you have a use case for this? I rarely encounter two exec or java
> tasks holding the same arguments (even as a subset). The situations
> where I do are the ones I tried to address with execon.

Actually, I have found plenty of cases, they mostly relate to <java> in
particular because we do not have a <javaon> kind of task.
Notice that this situation occurs when the called "app" only allows
processing one at the time. And you have a bunch to process and the "app"
requires another bunch of configuration parameters which are the same
everywhere.

>  VB> - The class PathElement is gone,
>
> I'd rather remove the path and location attributes from path to force
> people to use pathelement.

This would be REALLY BAD. Path was added to Path so that we could have one
basic path and then construct another that prefixes or suffixes to it. I
remember that this was added when the way refids where resolved was changed.
So please be careful in this regard, because this capability is fundamental
in particular for classpaths.

Jose Alberto