ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Release Plan Ant 1.2
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 20:32:27 GMT

> From: Vincent Bergbauer [mailto:vincent_bergbauer@yahoo.com]
>
> There is a little roundabout way today:
>
> <path location="${value}" id="valuetopath" />
> <property name="pathvalue" refid="valuetopath" />

BTW, this reminds me that:

It would be nice to have some shorthand notation on FileSet
when there is only one file:
   <fileset file="dir/myfile.ext" id="myfile" />

currently you need to have dir and filename available separately
in order to build a fileset. This affects for example <uptodate>.

> <java ...>
>   <jvmarg value="-D${pathvalue}"/>
> </java>

Notice that this only works if you have fork="yes".