ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Tilly <JTi...@hoteltools.com>
Subject RE: Optional task!!
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:08:13 GMT
Ritendra,

Yes it does.  EJBJAR is the task used to take deployment descriptors and the
home/remote/implementation/key classes and build a deployable JAR file.
This of course means ejbc is run.  Currently, the WebLogic support is the
strongest along with the ability to create a "generic" jar (I'm assuming
with the reference impl of ejbc).  Currently, EJBJAR supports the use of EJB
1.1 specification deployment descriptors.

Jesse

-----Original Message-----
From: Ritendra Sinha [mailto:ritendra.sinha@db.com]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 3:23 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE:Optional task!!

Hi,

I have just started using ANT as build tool and am not interested in doing
any development on the tool. Can anyone point out to me which email
distribution should I be using if I require information regarding some use
of the tool.

In case you can help me with my problem I will be real grateful...

Currently I am looking for a task in ANT that will compile  EJBs. The
download version of ANT has the optional "ejbc" task supplied with it. I
have managed to successfully build it and incorporate it in the ant.jar
library.

Unfortunately, this policy is for EJB1.0, and therefore won't handle EJB1.1
deployment descriptors which is what I am using. Before starting to write my
own task it will be nice to know if there is a task available that will
handle XML descriptors duruing ejbc compilation.  Also, does the optional
task ejbjar do the ejbc within it. I guess not!

Regards,
Ritendra

e-mail is strictly forbidden.