ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: Exclude attribute to javadoc
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:56:09 GMT
At 09:43 AM 10/20/00 -0400, glennm@ca.ibm.com wrote:

>Well, there are two ways we can fix this.  Either add a matching task like
>functionality to javadoc (which I'm not really willing to do with being so
>close to a release) or copy the source tree into a clean directory and then
>build the Javadoc.

I agree it's best to wait to next release...

>  I'm leaning towards the latter becuase doing the
>Javadoc is a farily infrequent event.

False assumption. We have 80 developers working our project.
Enough changes from day to day that we include a javadoc step
in the nightly build. The developer's web page points to the product
docs that are built. Also, we have 3 branches going, so that means
javadoc in each branch each night.

Let's see. 3 branches times 12 source bases  - that's 36 a night,
365 days a year. I would not call that infrequent....

But, your solution will work until the matching task is added.
In fact, it would make javadoc look much cleaner if we could
list package names using something like the fileset or patternset
the way we can with, say, jar or zip command...