ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Glen_Stampoult...@ansett.com.au>
Subject Re: getting rid of lcp.bat? cmd batch file fun...
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:16:43 GMT

Will that work with windows 95/98/ME?

-- Glen

Daniel Rosner <drosner@interbind.com> on 12/10/2000 07:59:12 AM

To:   "'ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org'" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:    (bcc: Glen Stampoultzis/ITD/MEL/Ansett/AU)
Subject:  getting rid of lcp.bat? cmd batch file fun...

FWIW, I was looking at the lcp.bat file and was scratching my head- I found
what it did really convenient but thought it odd that it required a separate
file.

Obviously, it seemed to me that what you would expect is that:

for %%i in (.\lib\*.jar) do call .\lcp.bat %%i

could be replaced by:

for %%i in (.\lib\*.jar) do set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%1

But of course, someone else would have thought of that, and I see that it
doesn't work. Incidentally, if anyone knows WHY ON EARTH that is, feel free
to let me know... I see the behavior, but can't figure out what is going on.

Anyway, after poking at that, I figured out that the following does work:

for %%i in (.\lib\*.jar) do call :setpath %%i

And further down in your batch file, you need a label with this code:

:setpath
set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%1

YMMV,

-Dan

error please notify Ansett Australia immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Ansett Australia.

ABN Ansett Australia Ltd	37 004 209 410
ABN Ansett International Ltd	72 060 622 460