ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: un subscribe
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:07:40 GMT
woops! that is too funny.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar, Senthil []
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 12:04 PM
To: ''
Subject: un subscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt []
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: Does ant support third party compilers?

--- Matt Peterson <> wrote:
> I am evaluating as to whether to use ant as a build tool.  One of the
> prerequisties is to be able to use an in house java compiler. Is it
> possible?

Everything is possible -- probable is what you have to watch out for. :)

The built-in java-compiling task, <javac>, handles Sun's javac and the
indie-compiler jikes -- so you'd need to write some in-house stuff to deal
with your in-house compiler (either modify, or do some of that
tricky "extends" stuff that I'm not all that up on just yet :)

Hope this helps,

Do You Yahoo!?