ant-dev mailing list archives

From Toby Baier <Toby.Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Ant GUI Requirements
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:46:11 GMT
Simeon Fitch wrote:

> I have thrown together the following HTML file
> containing a *very* rough set of capabilities for the
> Ant GUI.
>
> I hesitate to call it a requirements document, as it
> is certainly not written in a formal manner, nor do I
> intend it to be fixed. I just wanted to start
> recording people's wishes for it so that there could
> be a basis for launching work on it.
>
> So I appreciate any feedback, etc. If the group likes
> it, would someone be willing to check it into the spec
> directory?

Hi Simeon,
that's quite a nice list. I must admit that when I asked about an ant
GUI some time ago I only thought about (c) Build Management, but the
Anthill screenshot showed me how nice it would be to administer projects
through a GUI as well.
The question is: how do we set priorities? What one is supposed to do
with ant is use it as a build tool. That means for me (and the whole
ArgoUML project) once a suitable build.xml is there, we rarely edit it,
but run targets every few minutes. So for me highest priority would be
(c), because I'm a user. The other parts of your list are interesting
and important as well, though. If anyone starts open development (I
haven't seen any Anthill code yet), I'd like to join in.

Toby

--
Toby.Baier@gmx.net (I seek you: 12164930)
vsys-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~4baier