ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: Role of scripts [was Re: increment task]
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:08:46 GMT
If you'all want to add all this extra overhead to
something that was meant to be light wieght
and well focused, maybe a new effort should
be started....

We could call it Ant++

Diane, I don't mean to sound cruel or harsh, but ignorance
of java seems to me to be a lame excuse for adding something
to Ant. That's like saying "Well, I don't know Fortran too
well, but I'm good at Visual Basic. Why don't you Fortran
guys add Visual Basic support to Fortran so I can use what
I know."

Again, I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to highlight what
the issue is...

Oh, and let's please not start a Java vs JavaScript holy war...