ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: Another Question about jlink
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:07:46 GMT
Duh, carelessness on my part....

Without LOOKING, I assumed that JDK's jar
would create a manifest with an entry
for each file that was 'jarred'. So,
I thought I'd be missing that info.
My fault for not looking first, because
I now see that the jar's manifest has
no such list of classes.....

Which then begs the question - what
is the performance delta if some
java code accesses classes via a jar, and
the jar does NOT have a manifest that lists
all the available classes, versus accessing
classes from a jar that DOES have an entry
for each class in the manifest???? Or is
there any difference?

Also, anyone have any ideas on the problem
I reported with ONE jar file causing a
checksum error???