ant-dev mailing list archives

From chane...@netscape.com (Patrick Chanezon)
Subject Re: including other build files
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:50:13 GMT
Hi Sven,
on my project have the same need, ie accessing properties defined in a
generalbuild.xml from another build.xml.
We do this using scripting: in javascript we create an ant task on generalbuild.xml,
trigger the init task, then get a handle on the project object and get back the
properties we are interested in.
Then we set those properties in the current project object.

I didn't do it myself, but I put my colleague who did it in CC so that he can
correct me if I'm not accurate.
If I remember he had to modify the Project object. Not sure about this one.

P@

--
Patrick Chanezon, iPlanet Market Maker- Portal/EServices Technical Lead
Netscape Communications Corp. - http://people.netscape.com/chanezon/

"C@ in the H@

if you P@ the stomach
of a f@ C@,
it will look @ you,
and say I like th@"
Text by Dr. Seuss, Typesetting by Lawrence Steinman