ant-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Pokahr <5pok...@informatik.uni-hamburg.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Javac.java
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:48:14 GMT
Hi Stefan,

is there any reason, why you didn't apply my pacth,
but rather use the first srcDir entry as destDir?

This is not the behaviour, that i need.

If you omit the "-d" flag from javac (or jikes)
it will put the .class files into the directory
of the .java file (this is what i want).

Using the first srcDir entry will result in
all .class files being put into that directory,
although i may have specified more than one
srcDir.

Also, if some .java files are found on the classpath,
that need to be recompiled, the .class files would
be put into the first srcDir directory, and not
into the directory, where the .java files where found.

I hope i could make the difference clear.

Alex