ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@locus.apache.org>
Subject Re: New doc format and organization
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:48:14 GMT
At 12:21  25/10/00 -0700, you wrote:
>On 17 Oct 2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> [...] This is almost calling for docbook or stylebook - and I
>> wouldn't mind going into that direction. [...rest of message
>> elided..]
>
>Sorry for the cross-post, but Stefan touched on an exposed nerve ending.
>
>Stylebook doesn't seem to actually exist for those outside the Apache
>inner circle. There's no section on xml.apache.org for it, a search for
>"stylebook" typed into search.apache.org returns "There were no items that
>matched your search request".
>
>There's an article on how to write articles with it on
>http://www.cscene.org/topics/web/snibril-stylebook-intro.xml.html#N1676039373
>, but that article doesn't lower itself to actually providing a URL
>where I can locate a DTD and download a set of XSL stylesheets. And I
>had to find that article by using google! I loved the acknowledgement
>at the end of the article:
>
>     Part of the material presented here is based on the Stylebook
>     documentation, Copyright  1999-2000 by Apache Software Foundation.
>
>Where can mere mortals find this elusive documentation? Can someone
>point me to a URL or perhaps a CVS repository/CVS module name
>combination? Thanks in advance.

http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/ is the web scv with a link to it
so it should be possible to find the CVS URL from that (I think it is just
like other xml projects except with module name xml-stylebook).

The best way to learn about it is to just look at the examples. Two
projects I know who have it are Avalon (http://java.apache.org/framework)
and Cocoon (xml.apache.org/cocoon).

Why is it undocumented ? Well I believe it was a proof of concept that grew
out of hand ;) Cocoon2 is meant to replace it eventually - it hasn't got
there yet but will get there in future ;)

Cheers,

Pete