ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rosner <dros...@interbind.com>
Subject getting rid of lcp.bat? cmd batch file fun...
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:59:12 GMT
FWIW, I was looking at the lcp.bat file and was scratching my head- I found
what it did really convenient but thought it odd that it required a separate
file.

Obviously, it seemed to me that what you would expect is that:

for %%i in (.\lib\*.jar) do call .\lcp.bat %%i

could be replaced by:

for %%i in (.\lib\*.jar) do set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%1

But of course, someone else would have thought of that, and I see that it
doesn't work. Incidentally, if anyone knows WHY ON EARTH that is, feel free
to let me know... I see the behavior, but can't figure out what is going on.

Anyway, after poking at that, I figured out that the following does work:

for %%i in (.\lib\*.jar) do call :setpath %%i

And further down in your batch file, you need a label with this code:

:setpath
set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%1

YMMV,

-Dan