ant-dev mailing list archives

From Walker Joe <Joe.Wal...@barclaycard.co.uk>
Subject RE: Perforce task and Source Code Control
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:41:42 GMT

Hi,

Just back from holiday in Ireland, sorry about the delay.

force='true' effectively adds the -f flag to the p4 sync command
% p4 help sync
        Normally, sync will not clobber files in the client workspace that
        the user has made writable.  Setting the 'clobber' option in the
        client spec disables this safety check.

        The -f flag forces resynchronization even if the client already
        has the file, and clobbers writable files.  This flag doesn't affect
        open files.

Do you think the description needs clarifying or maybe I'm missing something
more basic?

Joe.