ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Home for ANT GUI (was: Ant GUI Requirements)
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:16:40 GMT

--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:
> I think .duncan is reading here, he's the chairman
> of the Jakarta PMC
> so he's the person who can setup whatever is
> necessary. AFAIK we would
> need the PMC to officially approve it as a new
> project to give it a
> CVS repository of its own (I'm not a member of the
> PMC). Lets see if
> he speaks up, otherwise I'm going to propose it
> directly to the PMC if
> it is OK with you.
>
> If you wanted to host it in Ant's repository all
> that needs to be done
> is making you a committer for Ant ...

I'm going to have to lean on you guys for what the
best approach is. I'm a litle torn about the idea of
setting up a full fledged Jakarta project, as there is
something cozy about being under the protectorate wing
of Ant ;-). However, I think the source trees should
be separate to isolate Ant from the early starts and
fits of the GUI. I basically want it both ways. :]

Does having a separate Jakarta project imply a
separate web page, mailing list, commiters, etc? How
much effort and time does it take to get that all set
up?

Again, I'm personally inclined to go with whatever
recommendations you make; I just would like to get
things moving on a home for the effort.

Thanks again!!

Simeon

=====