ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does ant support third party compilers?
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:46:38 GMT
--- Matt Peterson <mpeterson@doradosoftware.com> wrote:
> I am evaluating as to whether to use ant as a build tool.  One of the
> prerequisties is to be able to use an in house java compiler. Is it
> possible?

Everything is possible -- probable is what you have to watch out for. :)

The built-in java-compiling task, <javac>, handles Sun's javac and the
indie-compiler jikes -- so you'd need to write some in-house stuff to deal
with your in-house compiler (either modify Javac.java, or do some of that
tricky "extends" stuff that I'm not all that up on just yet :)

Hope this helps,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)